July 26, 2013

A Flip of the Hair

As I'm growing out my hair, I've been noticing myself attracted to a certain hairstyle, which is reminiscent of Cher Horowitz in Clueless. While I don't condone the return of responding to situations with, "as if," I do encourage you to consider a change if you have a haircut without bangs and are tired of a center-ish parting of your locks.
If you love this look like I do, you can style it yourself according to these steps my main mane lady, Kristin. Start with a root lift or some sea salt spray at the crown. Clip up the top half of your hair and dry the bottom half per usual. Then, unclip and flip the top half to the opposite side you want it to go and direct your blow dryer with a paddle brush. When your hair is dry, literally flip it to the other side and tousle with your fingers and finish with a flexible hairspray. Obviously, some of the looks above feature curls or waves, so however, you achieve that look yourself - go for it!

No comments: